2 Oct 2017
3-PL Logistics Business Development Manager
Take the next step in your career and grow with us
LEMAN USA is looking for an experienced 3-PL Business Development Manager in Sturtevant, WI
LEMAN USA is part of LEMAN A/S which is an international transport, logistics and freight forwarding company with offices in the United States, United Kingdom and the Nordic countries employing over 700 employees.
We are looking for an ambitious and energetic Business Development Manager to help us expand our clientele. You will be the face of the company and will have the drive and dedication to create and apply an effective sales strategy. The goal is drive sustainable financial growth through attracting new clients and forging strong relationships with clients.
In this position you are responsible for developing new business for our warehouse, distribution and administrative services sector, while also taking an active role in on-boarding new accounts and maintaining existing clients.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Actively pursue and qualify valued business opportunities; implement successful selling strategies/techniques.
- Develop a growth strategy focused on financial gain and customer satisfaction.
- Conduct research to identify new clients.
- Arrange business meetings with prospective clients.
- Prepare sales contracts ensuring adherence to laws and company policy.
- Build long-term relationships with new and existing customers.
- Manage new and established account development for continued revenue and growth profits.
- Define and propose specific approaches to meet and exceed customer needs.
- Coordinate customer requirements with appropriate solutions.
- Identify situations requiring effective negotiation and maintain positive customer relationships throughout any issue resolution.
- Follow up on customer communications in a timely and professional manner.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Business, Logistics or similar field of study.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in the Third Party Logistics Services "3PL" industry, specifically warehouse, distribution and order fulfillment.
- Proven working experience as a Business Development Manager, sales Excecutive or a relevant role.
- Knowledge of B2B and B2C ecommerce a plus.
- Exceptional customer skills.
- Extensive experience with successful contract and pricing negotiations.
- Strong knowledge of vendor compliance guidelines in the Retail space a plus.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of Warehouse Management System a plus
- Competitive salary and benefit package.
- A positive and busy work environment, good colleagues and an informal atmosphere.
If you find the position attractive and have the required skills and experience as outlined above, we encourage you to send your resume immediately marked "BDM Logistics" to email@example.com. Please, no phone calls.
LEMAN was founded in 1900 as a productive partner for the industry within shipping, transport and logistics. The company is still growing and employs approx 700 employees in Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, England and the United States. LEMAN has a total disposal of 72,000 m2 terminal and logistics facilities and worldwide network of agent with about 200 import and export routes.
For further information, please contact:
Sue Vergetis Satula
Sr. HR Business Partner LEMAN USA
For more information about LEMAN, please visit our website