Business Development Manager
Take the next step in your career and grow with us
LEMAN USA is looking for an experienced Business Development Manager for International Freight Forwarding sales in Atlanta, GA
LEMAN USA is part of LEMAN A/S an international transport, logistics and freight forwarding company with offices in the United States, United Kingdom and the Nordic countries employing over 700 employees.
This position is suited for an experienced international freight forwarder sales person that desires operational cohesiveness to assure the needs and requirements of our clients are met or exceeded. The purpose of this role is to focus on value based business development for our International Freight Forwarding services. Hunter mentality and proven track record is a must.
The ideal candidate will have overall industry knowledge with prior experience in Operations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Actively prospecting, pursue and qualify potential clients; implement successful selling strategies/techniques.
- Manage new and established account development for continued revenue and growth profits in various industries.
- Dedicated sales performance against assigned targets (KPI's).
- Define and propose specific approaches to meet and exceed customer needs and requirements.
- Prepare and propose logistics solutions to clients.
- Coordinate customer requirements with appropriate solutions.
- Build and maintain exceptional customer relations through added value.
- Prepare and schedule/attend client meetings.
- Accurate and professional follow up.
- Manage your pipeline and the process.
- Build your own customer base from ground up.
- Respond to incoming inquiries.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Business, Transportation or similar.
- Minimum 5-years sales experience in International Freight Forwarding.
- Overall industry knowledge with 1-2 years of experience in Operations – preferred.
- Proven track record of success in business development.
- Extensive experience with successful prospect negotiations.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Competitive salary and benefit package.
- A positive and busy work environment, good colleagues and an informal atmosphere.
If you find the position attractive and have the required skills and experience as outlined above, we encourage you to send your resume immediately marked "BDM ATL" to email@example.com. Please, no phone calls.
LEMAN was founded in 1900 as a productive partner for the industry within shipping, transport and logistics. The company is still growing and employs approx 700 employees in Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, England and the United States. LEMAN has a total disposal of 72,000 m2 terminal and logistics facilities and worldwide network of agent with about 200 import and export routes.
For further information, please contact:
Sue Vergetis Satula
Sr. HR Business Partner LEMAN USA
For more information about LEMAN, please visit our website