14 Nov 2017
Freight Forwarder - Dewsbury, UK
Take the next step in your career and grow with us
LEMAN UK is looking for two freight forwarders: Road Operations - European Exports and Road Operations - Air Freight support for our office in Dewsbury.
We have a fantastic opportunity for you to join our international freight forwarding company.
Maru is part of the LEMAN Group which employs 140 staff across 8 depots in the UK operating all modes including Road, Air/Sea, Project & Logistics. The UK has seen major growth in recent years and we expect this trend to continue. We believe that people are our strongest asset and we are currently looking for an enthusiastic and willing team member to Join our Road Team in Dewsbury. Some flexibility in location maybe required due to potential relocation in the New Year.
You need to be able to:
- Respond to quote requests & bookings from customers (internal & External).
- Arrange transport in accordance with current agreement (e.g. Agency agreements/ Sub contractors).
- Produce associated document e.g. collection notes, manifest etc.
- Liaise with shipper, consignee or nominated contact to ensure all transportation details are correct.
- Liaise with customers and grow an understanding of customers business needs & markets.
- Grow existing business opportunities and look for new markets.
- Ensure up to date knowledge of legislative requirements.
- Deal with ongoing queries and provides up to date information to the customer in respect to transported goods.
- Raise sales invoice & respond to related queries.
- Communicate with our overseas depots and form a good working relationship with partners.
- Ensure current systems are updated and accurate.
- Maintain efficient filing & records.
- Ensure accurate completion of paperwork.
- Arranges export or import customs clearance if required.
- Negotiable salary depending on experience.
- A positive and busy working environment, good colleagues and an informal atmosphere
- 20 days Holiday
If you find the position attractive, we encourage you to send your application and CV immediately to Jill Holland at email@example.com
LEMAN was founded in 1900 as a productive partner for the industry within shipping, transport and logistics. The company is still growing and employs approx 700 employees in Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, England and the United States. LEMAN has a total disposal of 72,000 m2 terminal and logistics facilities and worldwide network of agent with about 200 import and export routes.
For further information, please contact:
HR Business Partner at LEMAN UK
P: +44 (0) 113 385 7927
For more information about the company please visit our website